Cya?... Wth?!

There doesn't seem to be a really good focus on this issue....Let's do some math.

You DO NOT say how many gallons are in your pool......can you post that?

My guess is about 13,500 but if you want to resolve your CYA problem easy, we need to stop guessing.

You should be targeting 70 to 80 ppm CYA for a SWG pool and testing with a room temperature water sample. If you truly started at 0 and want to target 70 ppm, and your water depth is 48 inches (13,500 gallons), then you need to have added 7.875 lbs by weight. I would instead assume that you started with 10 ppm and add 6.75 lbs total (since you first started adding) to reach 70 ppm CYA. Wait a week after last addition of CYA before testing and making additional adjustments.

Even though you are not registering the CYA on the test, I would follow the CYA/FC chart for SWG pools @ 70ppm CYA and use bleach to ensure FC never drops below the minimum 3 ppm by targeting 5 ppm and adding bleach once per day to reach that target.

I added 8 lbs of stabilizer to my pool 3 days ago. Cya tested as 55 today.

We have the same size pool, and I started at 0 too. However much you added, add more to get it to 8lbs.

..looks like thats an 8lb bucket you posted a pic of. You need that whole bucket in there.

i added the remaining bucket... i said what the **** at this point im at zero, why not toss it all in! so i filled the sock with the remianing product and i am waiting to test the results n aa few days

- - - Updated - - -

no i didnt backwash... it said to wait a week to backwash after CYA has been added... is that correct?..... would it be better to hang by the return? just in theroy as the CYA disolves it goes int the circulation, just not sure if the case of going straight into the filter for distrobution could create a problom?

I know you know this but you are not making it clear to everyone trying to help you....So how much CYA have you added total? Is it 8 lbs? (Thanks for adding the gallons of your pool)

YES.. as the picture shows it was a 8 lb bucket... and in the post above i decided to say what the **** and added it all in!

central Arkansas 24ft, AG, sand filter, 1.5hp pump, just installed this July 2014, Tf100 kit, Real Pool Newbie
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.