CYA won't rise

lblomq

Bronze Supporter
Nov 8, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Back in March my CYA was 50. I added 5 lbs of conditioner (ClearView primo powder Pool Water Conditioner & Stabilizer 99% isocyanuric acid) over the course of a few weeks and it didn't budge. That was using a sock in the skimmer. A little over a week ago I added 43 more ounces this time with the sock hanging in the water spillover from my spa to the pool. After the sock emptied I tested the pool water again and it read 60. Today it's back down to 50. Here are all my test results:
ph = 8.3
FC = 5.0
TA = 100
CYA = 50
CH = 625
Salt = 4800

I'm following the test instructions in the TF-100 kit, which says 60-80 is ideal for a salt pool and pool math says 70 to 80, so I'm shooting for at least 70. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for sharing.

There is the odd time we find some of the stabilizer products are a bust. You have added enough to add 60 ppm CYA to your pool water. Was it the same product both times?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.