CYA whats going on R 0013

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
I've been bringing my CYA level up A couple days ago I was about under 40 so I added some CYA today I was at about 35 we did have a little rain. So my R-0013 was empty so I opened a new one maybe a year old, did another test reads “0” CYA. I did about 3 tests still “0”. I did have some old test strips it they show CYA but low. There no way it can be “0” you think the R-0013 is bad? That’s all can think of .

2 years ago Taylor started printed expiration dates on the bottle labels. Prior to that, there was only a Lot ID # which was typically a letter followed by a few numbers.

If your R-0013 label has NOTHING on it, then it is either not a Taylor reagent OR it is much older than 2-3 years. Either way, toss and buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R-0013 really doesn't go "bad". At least, not in the time you have had it. How was it stored?

Please report back what happens when you get your new bottle. Letting it "breath" is pointless.

I sent for some already and few other things last night. You will see the order Rocklin Ca. 95765. It's no big deal. buying the TF-100 test kit and following this forum I'm money ahead and have a really clean nice looking pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Letting breath was a joke
Yeah, I should've recognized that.....sorry. As you probably know, I have some skin in the game and ANY test kit issues really get my attention.

The process by which that R-0013 is bottled makes it virtually impossible for anything but R-0013 to be in there so I am baffled as to what went wrong. I am very interested to see the result when OTPirate gets you the new bottle. Keep us posted.

I did test it again same results It was stored in a garage cabinet and dose get hot in Rocklin ( sacramento area) so maybe it got over heated, but the old R-0013 was in the same cabinet. Just one of those thing BTW I buy all my test supplies from TF Test kits and will continue to great company. I will post result as soon as new R-0013 arrives……………If I get a zero reading I have a problem I've put about 6lbs of stabilizer in the last 3 weeks I was at about 38 (goal is 45) should be at 45 now will see. Thanks for all the help and clean pool

Steve, the Cya test resolution is 10-15 PPM at the absolute best it could ever be. If you are seeing "35" you could say 40.
It just isn't that precise, and really doesn't need to be.

Glad you got the new batch sorted, but can't explain what happened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.