AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a Taylor K2006 test kit. The CYA test where you look at the black until it disappears is very subjective for me. I have horrible eyes. The local Leslies admits their testing is unreliable. Does anyone know of a more accurate way to measure CYA?

For anyone who lives in the SouthWest, how long b4 you have to drain your pool due to high calcium? Raw untreated water from the street is nearly 400. After two years (pool commissioned Dec 2019) I drained and filled. Calcium was over 700 at that point. The water line that fills the pool I'm thinking of having a plumber switch it to house water which goes thru a water softener. I measured the calcium coming out of it and it was 2. What do ya'll think?

Ron

What do ya'll think?
Do it. Now.
Does anyone know of a more accurate way to measure CYA?
You have the best test.
When you do the CYA test, try this next time.

Once you have your solution ready, back to the sun, etc. Fill the vial to a line, say 80, lower the vial to your waist level and glance for the dot, you see it, add solution to the 70 line, glance, see it, repeat until you no longer see it with a glance. Then use the CYA value one step above the line you read. So if you stopped at 50, use 60 ppm CYA.

The vial is in logarithmic scale. So it is not viable to interpolate between the lines. Just use the whole numbers, such as 50, 40, 30, ....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.