CYA Standard Solution arrived today but dot still seen!

Lynnster52

Apr 29, 2018
Cos Cob CT
Got my CYA Standard Solution today as I'm newbie for 6 weeks here & only just this week did I get that darn dot to disappear (at 40 mark) so all good, but wanted to see the Standard 50 dot test just to ensure I'm seeing correctly, but it's not working for me!

I first tested my pool water (CYA is 40 - black dot totally gone in view tube) All good!

Then used Standard Sol to test: I filled to 7 with Standard solution, added the reagent to the 14 mark, shook for 30 seconds & then squirted into view tube to the 50 mark. The liquid remained crystal clear and dot did not begin to disappear until it got to the top and even then I could still see the dot.

There is no sun today so this was done in daylight. (pool water testing was also done at same time/no sun).

Guess I need to call them Monday, unless someone can figure out what I could have done incorrectly? I feel pretty certain I did it correctly though. All ears!
Tks!

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. After I sent them an email explaining my issue, they sent a new bottle of standard. The second bottle tested perfectly. Their response was very quick and hassle free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.