CYA - Stabilizer vs Pucks

Hate to tell ya', but you'd STILL be using the BBB----now TFPC method because you realize exactly what those chemical additions do and how they effect your pool water balance. As to which to use......depends on how fast you need to get where you want to be.

I had a giant vat of pucks leftover when I went to SWG, you can use pool math to calculate how many pucks will raise your CYA the amount you need. I do this all the time, pucks also bring down PH if you find it rising often and add a little salt....

Sock method in front of a return (with the pump running) is our recommend method. Various reasons but it’s the best method. Squeezing often can get it dissolved in a few hours.

Yes and get an good idea to predict how much CYA is added by using Pool Math. For small additions to raise CYA slowly I use the trichlor pucks and try to plan it during a vacation.

The stabilizer compound, CYA is the same so apply what you need by knowing what you are applying.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.