CYA Sense or Nonsense

Just commenting to add another +1 for the Puritech CYA purchased on Amazon. I went searching on TFP before ordering to see if others had good or bad experiences. I was a bit leery due to the mislabeling incident that was reported, but ordered anyway due to other positive reviews. I received my 15lbs on Saturday and tested a small sample. It is definitely CYA. I will be adding it to the pool shortly. It is the best price I have found on the stuff so far.

How long did it take for the cya to dissolve? I bought the puritech brand and it has been hanging in a pillow cover in front of a return for the past 1.5 days and has barely dissolved. I did squeeze it quite a number of times as well.

How long did it take for the cya to dissolve? I bought the puritech brand and it has been hanging in a pillow cover in front of a return for the past 1.5 days and has barely dissolved. I did squeeze it quite a number of times as well.
If you let it just hang there it will take forever.. I soak it for about 30min until gushy... and then squeeze it and massage it to get the stuff into suspension. I don't see any advantage in letting it take its own sweet time. If you put it in your skimmer basket there is more water flow going through the sock I've noticed.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.