Tampa, FL (Specifically Apollo Beach)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been adding stabilizer but my testing is always low. I have added 12 lbs of stabilizer in the last month. A recent test said to add 5 lbs of stabilizer. I added it 5 days ago and it's still low. I just tested today and its calling for another 3 lbs. Is this normal? I don't want to add too much. Should I add the 3 lbs. now or wait a few days to make sure it has fully dissolved? When adding it I put it in the skimmer. The skimmer has a fine mesh so it gets dissolved before going to the filters.

You want to put it in a sock.. Because you put it in the skimmer therefore the filter it is s l o w l y dissolving... By putting it into a sock you know it is dissolved in the water and can test in 5 to 6 days.. in the filter it might dissolve in a month...

You want to put it in a sock.. Because you put it in the skimmer therefore the filter it is s l o w l y dissolving... By putting it into a sock you know it is dissolved in the water and can test in 5 to 6 days.. in the filter it might dissolve in a month...
My skimmer has a fine mesh liner. That's why I don't put it in a sock. I'm gonna hold off on adding more for another 2 weeks. I'm at 50 right now so it's not too low. Also my pool is running 24 hours. Do you think even if it gets into the filter cartridge it would take that long to fully dissolve?

ahh, your sock is in the skimmer... It may take awhile to fully dissolve.. exactly how long I have no idea.. :)

Do you dissolve it yourself while in the sock? When I added it, I put in a woman's nylon in the skimmer. Let it soak for 20 minutes or so... and then knead it all out of the sock by wringing it by hand. it's come out in a liquid paste form and mixes in with the water right away.

Jay,
Something isn't adding up here. On June 11 poolmath has your CYA @50 and since then you've added 7.3lbs which adds 44ppm to the 50 you already had which brings you to the 90 range.
That's why I'm going crazy. I tested it and I also take my water to the local pool store. Every time I go their CYA test is on point with mine. We did get a bunch of rain the last 2 weeks and I've gotten a lot of water out of the pool. But with all the CYA I've added I would expect it to still be higher. Even the pool store finds it crazy. They're really good and are not the type to push chemicals. They've even advised to wait while between CYA additions to make sure the reading is accurate.

Do you dissolve it yourself while in the sock? When I added it, I put in a woman's nylon in the skimmer. Let it soak for 20 minutes or so... and then knead it all out of the sock by wringing it by hand. it's come out in a liquid paste form and mixes in with the water right away.
No I just put it in, after a few hours in the skimmer its dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.