CyA reading affected by pH

SunshineNat

In The Industry
Oct 23, 2022
South France
I've been having issues with high CyA readings this summer. The other day I added pH plus [nothing else] and the CyA reading went from around 40 to over 100. Are these faulty strips I am using or is something else going on? Does the pH have to be at a set point to get an accurate CyA reading? I was only upping it a little from @6.8 so not wildly out!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

The CYA test is unaffected by pH.

What was your pH when you decided to raise it with pH plus? Was it 6.8?

How much did you add?

Strips are completely unreliable for the methods we teach. Please read "Pool Care Basics" up in Pool School and it'll get you tuned in to get your self some valid testing.

So, is your CYA 40 or over 100? No one knows for sure but the pH has nothing to do with it.

My pH started at 6.8 and I added @500g of pH plus. Taking another reading after 45 mins & I got a high, over 100 CyA reading but like you say it shouldn't really be affected by pH , I just wanted to confirm that! I didn't know there was a whole different method of reading the pool levels but will definitely take a look with interest at your posts .. but later - it's bed time here! Thanks for the confirmation!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.