May 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Happy Friday team!

Question for those with TFP test kit. I measured my CYA and the dit disappears just when the tube is completely full. Would you call that 10?

I added 2 gal of Natural Chemistry liquid stabilizer 3 days ago so if 1 gal raises 10K to 32ppm I figure mine should be at ~15.
I'm going to get it tested tomorrow with the digital tester but I'm calling it 10 for now.

*I let CYA get to 0. Bad idea, I've had to really stay on my toes to keep up with the chlorine loss. Luckily I can get 12.5% for $2/gal so it didn't break the bank. However, I did have to SLAM a couple of times too so no more if that 0 CYA nonsense for me.

Forget the digital tester.
Have you completed the SLAM process and no longer see any CC?
Does not matter if your CYA is 10 or 15 ... you should likely add about 30ppm more to get you up toward 50ppm given your location. Then retest so it is actually on the scale. ;)

You can save yourself some money by just getting the granules instead of the watered down liquid stabilizer.

Forget the digital tester.
Have you completed the SLAM process and no longer see any CC?
Does not matter if your CYA is 10 or 15 ... you should likely add about 30ppm more to get you up toward 50ppm given your location. Then retest so it is actually on the scale. ;)

You can save yourself some money by just getting the granules instead of the watered down liquid stabilizer.
Ya valid point about getting on the scale.. tested at 29 with digital test so it's somewhere around "low" :cool:

Liquid since I was leaving town last week and didn't want to wait on the granular. I'll get some granular and keep inching it up until I get to the 40-50 range.

If you squish the sock, and disperse the CYA you will likely see the result in a CYA test before the 24 hour mark.

Liquid is simply granular CYA in suspension of h2O. It seems to cost more, and is less potent than adding granular and squishing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.