Winter Garden FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'll try to keep this simple and sorry if it's a silly question but at what point should you be concerned about CYA dropping? It seems like everytime I raise the CYA it drops quickly.

I added 91oz of dry stabilizer 22 days ago and my CYA had dropped from 70 to 50.

I just want to make sure I don't have a problem I'm missing

Might u have a leak but also an auto fill so it’s masking the water loss/replacement?
If so U can turn the auto fill off & do the bucket test.
Your salt would also get diluted in this case. How are you testing for salt?
It’s also possible you interpreted the test differently this time due to different lighting conditions.

The pool doesn't have an auto fill.

Water loss doesn't seem excessive maybe an inch every week or two (haven't been tracking)

I suppose I could have read them differently but I do my test inside in the same location at about the same time each week.

I'll be honest I normally don't test salt and just use the chlorinator measured level

All my test logs are in the app

The cya test should be done outdoors with your back to the sun ☀️ indoor lighting can obscure the dot.
The cell readout shouldn’t be solely relied upon for the salt level. As cells age they tend to say there’s less & less salt - this leads people to keep adding salt & then they end up with a large salt concentration.
Get a k1766 - its the most accurate & an easy test - the regeants last a while if stored properly.

The cya test should be done outdoors with your back to the sun ☀️ indoor lighting can obscure the dot.
The cell readout shouldn’t be solely relied upon for the salt level. As cells age they tend to say there’s less & less salt - this leads people to keep adding salt & then they end up with a large salt concentration.
Get a k1766 - its the most accurate & an easy test - the regeants last a while if stored properly.
I have the salt test kit I just don't use it often (part lazy and part spendy reagent). Good to know on the cell life (luckily mine is only a year old).

I'll try to start doing the CYA test outside to see what level I get and I can monitor it for a few weeks to see if I get the same drop.

I just felt like I keep adding stabilizer and was t sure if it was normal or not.

I'll work on the suggestions and see if it changes anything.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I have the salt test kit I just don't use it often (part lazy and part spendy reagent). Good to know on the cell life (luckily mine is only a year old).

I'll try to start doing the CYA test outside to see what level I get and I can monitor it for a few weeks to see if I get the same drop.

I just felt like I keep adding stabilizer and was t sure if it was normal or not.

I'll work on the suggestions and see if it changes anything.
It's a Florida thing. More hours of sun, more rain, and hotter than the rest of the country. We just have to check and add CYA during the season.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.