CYA Level Salt water pool

611Manetta

Mar 15, 2021
NJ
Per this forum it is recommended to keep the CYA levels in a SWG pool somewhere between 70-90 and FC around 5. However, reading the owners manual for the Pentair IChlor 30, it states to maintain CYA between 30-50 and to not exceed FC above 4. Which is the correct levels to follow? Is there any harm in following TFP levels? The Pentair manual states that FC above 4 can cause damage to metals.

I buck the recommendation and keep my CYA at 60 but I get late afternoon shade and utlize sail shades at peak.
I also have tested my daily FC loss as I moved my CYA up and am satisfied I have found my target.

I buck the recommendation and keep my CYA at 60 but I get late afternoon shade and utlize sail shades at peak.
I also have tested my daily FC loss as I moved my CYA up and am satisfied I have found my target.
I also have a lot of shade and keep my CYA around 60ish.
It helps your SWG from having to work as hard and because your getting a steady flow of chlorine ( in theory) it’s works great

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.