CYA is 0 - Pool service says it's okay and left it at that.

See, you already know more and are doing a better job than your pool service.

Just one small clarification. Dont use your SWG to raise you FC level. Use Chlorine to do that. You set the SWG to maintain the level once you have it there.
Thanks for that clarification. Yes, I was thinking the SWG would raise it.

If I am reading some of the forum threads correctly, I can use Clorox liquid (Clorox Performance Bleach 121 oz. bottle) to increase my chlorine level.....correct? If something else is recommended, please let me know.

I can use Clorox liquid (Clorox Performance Bleach 121 oz. bottle) to increase my chlorine level.....correct? If something else is recommended, please let me know.
If it does not have Cloromax in it, yes, you can use that.
Best is liquid chlorine. Most Walmarts, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, Pool Stores, etc carry it. No additives.

If I am reading some of the forum threads correctly, I can use Clorox liquid (Clorox Performance Bleach 121 oz. bottle) to increase my chlorine level.....correct? If something else is recommended, please let me know.

Any bleach without additives that you find on the shelf in the grocery store will work. Be advised, however, that most "Clorox" brands do have additives so I suggest steering clear of that brand. The cheapest store brand is perfect. Also note the concentration. 8% is best if you can find it but many have gone to 5% concentration. What I do when I supplement with bleach is slowly dump it in the pool while walking around the deep end with the pump running.

True Value, Home Depot, Lowes, etc usually carry higher concentration bleach at 10-12%. This could be in the cleaning section or it could actually be labeled as pool chlorine. If you look at the below link you can input your pool size and bleach concentration and it will tell you how much your chlorine level will increase.

Reactions: BrentATL
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.