CYA by weight

Lmk.87

Apr 19, 2018
Donaldson, AR
Hi all! I’m brand new to the pool world & so glad I found TFP! Anyways I’m wondering if you all actually weigh the dry stabilizer or is there some sort of conversion chart? In my silly rush to add it to the new pool yesterday I did 34 oz of volume (not weight) of the dry stabilizer. It got me to a CYA of 30 but I was actually aiming of 40. So I need to add a bit more.
So, do you actually weigh each time or is there an easier way? My food scale needs new batteries!!

Hi all! I’m brand new to the pool world & so glad I found TFP! Anyways I’m wondering if you all actually weigh the dry stabilizer or is there some sort of conversion chart? In my silly rush to add it to the new pool yesterday I did 34 oz of volume (not weight) of the dry stabilizer. It got me to a CYA of 30 but I was actually aiming of 40. So I need to add a bit more.
So, do you actually weigh each time or is there an easier way? My food scale needs new batteries!!

Psst -- if you use poolmath to calculate the dose to get from 30 to 40, it will tell you by either weight or volume. Volume uses fluid ounces. Just wash the measuring cup real good before you sneak it back into the kitchen drawer.

Psst -- if you use poolmath to calculate the dose to get from 30 to 40, it will tell you by either weight or volume. Volume uses fluid ounces. Just wash the measuring cup real good before you sneak it back into the kitchen drawer.

I use poolmath (LOVE it!) but I only see grams, kilo, oz, & pounds as options so I assume it’s all by weight since there isn’t a fluid oz option.

And I bought measuring cups specifically for my pool stuff [emoji16]

I use poolmath (LOVE it!) but I only see grams, kilo, oz, & pounds as options so I assume it’s all by weight since there isn’t a fluid oz option.
Are you using the link above or an app? Because I see
Add 8.0 oz by weight or 8.3 oz by volume of stabilizer
or add 21 oz of liquid stabilizer.
To lower CYA you replace some of the water with new water.
Note: It can take solid stabilizer 24 to 48 hours to dissolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.