CYA before after or during shock

Rayanna

Jul 10, 2023
Missouri
So I just added 3 bags of hypochlorite to my green pool after lowering the ph and alkalinity to 100 and 7.6 now I’m just wondering if I should add the CYA now— or if it’s too late now that I’ve already added the hypochlorite. My other question is if I should be adding chlorine throughout the day or if it’s okay to just shock tonight and then again tmr night…

Hey Rayanna and Welcome !!!!

How are you testing ? To use TFP with success you need your own reliable testing.
Test Kits Compared.

You need a CYA of 30 to SLAM Process. Once 30+, never add more CYA before finishing the SLAM. Each 10 ppm CYA raises your SLAM FC by 4ppm.

lc_chart.jpg

My other question is if I should be adding chlorine throughout the day or if it’s okay to just shock tonight and then again tmr night…
SLAM 'process'. It's not a one-and-done. Adjust the FC back to target as often as possible. 2 hours is best at first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.