Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Has anyone anyone any experience with digital salinity testers?
Yes. I was given one by a pool builder. It is a Hayward model. Has remained accurate for 5 years.

I believe it costs around $200.

Reactions: wireform

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Ok, lets hope your mention of the pool being dull was only since adding salt.

if it continues check your pH. When my pool looks slightly "dull" to me as I walk by it, I know the pH is off and then test and it gets confirmed. A dose of MA brings the sparkle back nicely. Its one way each pool has personality- I know how my pool looks when the pH is high.

Maddie :flower:

Ronbo

Feb 17, 2020
AZ
Got some numbers today
Temp - 62
Fc - 5.4
Cc - .2
Tc - 5.6
PH - 8.0
TA - 80
CH - 350
CYA - 60

I thought my test kit (Taylor K-2006C) came with a Salinity Test, but not so. Have one on order. May pick up test strips in the mean time. The water seems to have cleared up today. Still a bit of fine sand floating around. I'll keep running the pump and brushing till I'm happy.

The pool builder told me some of my numbers would go up because of the salt, can't remember which ones though
Using my taylor watergram wheel I get a reading of .42. Is this normal for a salt water pool?

This pool math program has not been playing well, not on laptop or phone. May try deleting and reinstalling.

Last edited:

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
None of the results you reported above are effected by adding salt. Only CSI and salinity are effected.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.