Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hey Everyone,

Firstly, a big thank you for the incredible information on this site. I started lurking on here about 4 years ago after being a pool owner for the first time, and these past 2 years I have been without a pool buy for the first time. Needless to say, sometimes I actually find myself worrying when my pool doesn't need any chem, and I've gotten used to checking my levels more infrequently now and just going off the eye test. Sometimes I doubt myself but I believe it is just a well balanced "trouble free pool" thanks to you all.

However, here I am with a question. I noticed my CYA levels are a bit low (I suspect from draining often the past two weeks with the rain from Hurricane Henri and other downpours). But they have typically been hovering around 60 and never a problem. I am debating adding some stabilizer and wanted to know the following:

1 - do you all agree I should bring my CYA up a tad and lower my output on my SWG? Pool receives a lot of sunlight which is why I tend to leave my pool a bit higher than the 4.5% ratio of CYA/FC.
2 - does adding stabilizer mess with any other chem reading? Do I need to worry about "rebalancing" after I add?
3 - do you all recommend any specific type? Is liquid better than crystal? Is there a brand recommendation? Etc.
4 - any other input?

==========================================
The Oasis
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Vinyl
SWG: Circupool RJ-60+
Volume: 34000 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 5.5 (48 minutes ago)
CC: 0.5 (48 minutes ago)
pH: 7.8 (48 minutes ago)
TA: 75 (48 minutes ago)
CH: 150 (48 minutes ago)
CYA: 45 (48 minutes ago)
SALT: 3000 (48 minutes ago)
TEMPERATURE: 81° (48 minutes ago)
==========================================

1 - do you all agree I should bring my CYA up a tad and lower my output on my SWG? Pool receives a lot of sunlight which is why I tend to leave my pool a bit higher than the 4.5% ratio of CYA/FC.
As your CYA is 50 (round up) and the summer is winding down, I suspect you can leave the CYA be. I do not know where you came up with 4.5% of CYA for FC -- target is 7.5%. Minimum is 5%. Never ride at minimum.
2 - does adding stabilizer mess with any other chem reading? Do I need to worry about "rebalancing" after I add?
If you add stabilizer it will lower pH a little.
3 - do you all recommend any specific type? Is liquid better than crystal? Is there a brand recommendation? Etc.
Dry stabilizer is cheaper. Liquid you must put in the entire jug as it separates and you cannot get it mixed. Brand does not matter.
4 - any other input?
Your chemistry looks good. If you decide to leave the CYA at 50, I would use 5 ppm FC or above as target.

As your CYA is 50 (round up) and the summer is winding down, I suspect you can leave the CYA be. I do not know where you came up with 4.5% of CYA for FC -- target is 7.5%. Minimum is 5%. Never ride at minimum.
I have no idea where I did either, I thought I read it somewhere. Thanks for clarifying.
Dry stabilizer is cheaper. Liquid you must put in the entire jug as it separates and you cannot get it mixed. Brand does not matter.
Where can I find the right amount to add (if I were going to)? Is there a chart?
Your chemistry looks good. If you decide to leave the CYA at 50, I would use 5 ppm FC or above as target.
Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.