Cynauric Acid Levels

I don’t know that I would go higher than 40-50 unless using a SWCG. But, I also shoot above target. So for 50 CYA, I’m shooting for 9-10. A little extra insurance in the Florida sun.

With heavy pool use, I’ll also chuck in some LC afterwards, to eat up the sunscreen, hair products, sweat, etc.

Reactions: Newdude
I don’t know that I would go higher than 40-50 unless using a SWCG. But, I also shoot above target. So for 50 CYA, I’m shooting for 9-10. A little extra insurance in the Florida sun.

With heavy pool use, I’ll also chuck in some LC afterwards, to eat up the sunscreen, hair products, sweat, etc.
Got it. Just measured CYA 5 different times and it landed midway between 20-30. So we’ll call it 30 ig. So if I want to add 10 ppm to get us to 40, what is the best way to add. All videos point to the sock in the skimmer method but a few have mentioned over the return. Got a video link or instructions. Thanks for the help man

Got it. Just measured CYA 5 different times and it landed midway between 20-30. So we’ll call it 30 ig. So if I want to add 10 ppm to get us to 40, what is the best way to add. All videos point to the sock in the skimmer method but a few have mentioned over the return. Got a video link or instructions. Thanks for the help man
I’ve always hung mine over return.

Reactions: Ccross
I’ve always hung mine over return.
Me too. The 3-4 lbs of dry stabilizer you'll probably need will fit in an old sock. To be honest, I use cheap ladies 'knee highs' ( the stockings are cheap... not the ladies...). They work perfectly, and double as filter screens too. I use an old funnel to help fill. Fill it, tie it, hang it by the return, squish it occasionally until it's all gone. Wait a day or so then measure and repeat as necessary.

Update. dissolved 1lb. of stabilizer in the pool last night, which should get me in the 35 range. Also, did overnight chlorine lost test. Started at 12.5 ppm and it was exact same this morning. So, maybe it wasn't algae??? At any rate, I'll retest CYA this evening or tomorrow and see where we're at. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Newdude and SJPoe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.