CYA 90 - how much water to dump?

When I started I dumped half of my water. From 48" deep down to 24". Keep at least 12" of water in.

Use PoolMath fill it out for gallons in the estimating pool volume. Scroll down past the Pool Math Stuff and get your gallons. Put that in at the top of the page. Then put your current numbers from you own test kit in the NOW column. Tell Pool Math what you want your numbers to be in the Target column. It will tell you what to do.

the CYA is 90.

See step 8 in our instructions for the CYA test.

If your CYA level is 90 or higher, repeat the test adjusting the procedure as follows:
  1. Fill the mixing bottle to the lower mark with pool water.
  2. Continue filling the mixing bottle to the upper mark with tap water.
  3. Shake briefly to mix.
  4. Pour off half of the contents of the mixing bottle, so it is again filled to the lower mark.
  5. Continue the test normally from step 2, but multiply the final result by two.

When I started I dumped half of my water. From 48" deep down to 24". Keep at least 12" of water in.

Use PoolMath fill it out for gallons in the estimating pool volume. Scroll down past the Pool Math Stuff and get your gallons. Put that in at the top of the page. Then put your current numbers from you own test kit in the NOW column. Tell Pool Math what you want your numbers to be in the Target column. It will tell you what to do.
Wow, that's a great calculator! I can't believe I have to dump 56% of the water :(

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.