Joliet, Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all!

I have a pentair solartouch operating my solar heated water. I noticed that water was coming out of the center post of the valve through the actuator as well.

I replaced this part and all was fine with the leak. But...

valve part.jpg

With the water that was leaking earlier the inside of the actuator was wet inside. The actuator would not turn to one side or the other. It just kind of stutters. When I ordered the new insides for the valve I also ordered the new micro-switches and a set of o-rings. I replaced the micro-switches and

the motor still stutters. Looking at the board with all the wiring harnesses and switch, it looks like the switch is a bit corroded. If I lift one of the wires on one side of the limit switch the motor will turn to the other limit and turn off. If I plug that wire in it stutters again, but now if I pull the other limit switch wire the actuator will turn the other way.

I've thought about getting a new switch for the wiring harness board, or a new actuator, but what if the problem is in the Solartouch control unit.

thoughts or any help is appreciated! (not sure how to get the small videos to come through)

Last edited:
Update,

With the "chattering" of the motor and the way the actuator did turn when one wire on the limit switch was lifted, it just seemed like both sides were receiving power. I took the cva-24 circuit board with switch off again and cleaned up the corrosion a little better. Then I left the top off in the warm sun. That did it, it's working! Readjusted the cams and all is good.

I'd still like to get a used cva-24 circuit board if I can find one for a good price. Maybe someone has a bummed actuator that they can sell one out of?

pc harness and switch.jpg

I have no doubt that the seals in the valve going is what caused my problems in the actuator. The o-rings went and the valve was leaking right into the actuator. My SolarTouch was 4 years old, I am going to start changing o-rings at three years. They're actually so cheap it wouldn't hurt to go to two years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.