Cutting Solar Pool Cover and in-floor cleaning system

Vikki

Nov 1, 2018
Palm Bay, Florida
I am having the problem of water going over the top near the swimming ledge. I have already cut my cover so leaving it larger is not an option. If I cut it where I have the issue, how much heat loss will I experience? Any other recommendations? I’m not really thrilled about cutting it.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Is it just one of the pop-ups that is pushing water onto the cover when that pop-up is shooting water toward the pool wall? My top step pop-up does that - it's such a small amount of water and it drains off easily, that I don't worry about it. That steps pop-up is a low pressure head and the flow is lower than the other heads(A&A in floor).

Who is the manufacturer of your in-floor? Is it possible to turn the in-floor off while the cover is on (returns separate from the cleaning system)? What type of pump do you have - single speed, 2 speed, VS? Put your pool info in your signature - it will show in each post so we don't have to ask each time -- Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

How quickly does the water drain off the cover? If it drains slowly, maybe stick a pool noodle under the edge of the cover to help prevent the water from puddling on the cover (or cut a pool noodle lengthwise and slip it on the edge of the cover). It is highly unlikely that the pop-ups will push enough water onto the solar cover to sink it.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I had a similar issue with my previous pool. If you cut the cover back a bit, the amount of water rolling over on top should decrease.

Interesting thought above about maybe using a lower velocity head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.