Current slam progress, POP is a struggle

I say go for it. The more testing you do, the more you get to know your pool.
Yea, I don’t leave for work until Tuesday so I’m in no rush. Update for this morning, I’ve been continuing with the DE and maintaining my slam FC target. We got around 3” of rain last night so when I woke up this morning the FC was 18 so I added chlorine to get back to 24 FC target. Also I think the rain helped the filter out because the clarity improved quite a bit overnight but my CCis still fluctuating around 1.
64EB4DF6-1926-4FE0-AC04-036F5252CE01.jpeg

Reactions: crimson avenger
Yea, I don’t leave for work until Tuesday so I’m in no rush. Update for this morning, I’ve been continuing with the DE and maintaining my slam FC target. We got around 3” of rain last night so when I woke up this morning the FC was 18 so I added chlorine to get back to 24 FC target. Also I think the rain helped the filter out because the clarity improved quite a bit overnight but my CCis still fluctuating around 1.
View attachment 326079
You’re getting there.

So I’m consistently passing OCLT but my CC is still fluctuating between 0 & 1 so I’m continuing my SLAM as stated but what is a normal chlorine loss due to sunlight? Today I was gone most of the day so I adjusted my FC this morning from 18 to SLAM target at 24 but once I got home my FC was down to 13 which seems like a big decline. On another note the water clarity is looking great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Snoobug
2-4 ppm is normal FC loss during the day. Sounds like you aren’t quite there yet. Keep at it, you’re almost there !!! Look how far you’ve come, Finish this. :)

Reactions: crimson avenger
So I leave for a week tomorrow heading back to work. The pool isn’t quite complete with the SLAM as the CC is still fluctuating but it looks like I’ve run out of time. I plan to have my wife add chlorine daily and I’ll bring it back up to SLAM FC levels when I get back home and resume from there.

Attachments

• 1FC7EA61-5C99-438D-B690-70CF5512D1AA.jpeg
    1FC7EA61-5C99-438D-B690-70CF5512D1AA.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 17
So I just returned home after being gone 9 days and the pool water is beautiful. FC is 9 and CC is at 1 so I’m planning to bring it back up to slam target FC and hold that until my CC problems goes away. I’ll do an OCLT tonight and restart my slam in the morning.

Attachments

• 76E12179-CA9E-4E2D-BC8F-E785E7A53A1B.jpeg
    76E12179-CA9E-4E2D-BC8F-E785E7A53A1B.jpeg
    674.7 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.