Current slam progress, POP is a struggle

A couple years ago I went through a similar situation. I was slamming for what seemed like forever, so I started to adlib. You know, if slam chlorine levels are good then slam and a half would be that much better. My numbers, all my numbers, got so out of whack that I just had to stop, take a breath, let the chemical settle for a day or two, then start again. But this time by the book,,, TFP members were great at helping me put on the brakes and re-focus my energies. All I accomplished by charting my own course was a horribly faded liner directly across of the return. Within a day or two, the by the book slam started to turn things around...Just hang in, everything will be fine....

Nick, for future reference- If ever you lose power, just keep your FC up with Liquid chlorine and brush it around good to mix in. Keeping your FC up with prevent algae, although you'll lose a bit of sparkle due to the loss of filtration.

Maddie :☮️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nick, for future reference- If ever you lose power, just keep your FC up with Liquid chlorine and brush it around good to mix in. Keeping your FC up with prevent algae, although you'll lose a bit of sparkle due to the loss of filtration.

Maddie :☮️
Yes, thanks for that info. I was so focused on the rest of the damage to the house the pool was the last of my worries so I kind of just told myself that I’ll get to it when I can and now I’m just getting around to it because swim season is about to start. It seems I’ve got it going my way but I’m just staying on top of it and doing an OCLT tonight. I will say that it seems like my CC is fluctuating between 0.5 and 1 but my water is looking a lot better than the green swamp that I started with although I’m still a ways from the crystal clear oasis that the TFP method has been essential in helping me maintain throughout the years.

Attachments

• C204D546-435A-4A2B-AD06-A7B3A8E65F0B.jpeg
    C204D546-435A-4A2B-AD06-A7B3A8E65F0B.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Newdude
Your water isn't clear yet, so no reason to perform an OCLT. That's the last task in the SLAM process to confirm you're done.

Maddie :flower:
I understand that I need to keep the slam FC level up until the water is clear but I did pass an OCLT, last night FC was 22 and it hadn’t changed when I checked this morning. I’ll start adding DE to the sand filter this morning to speed up the process of filtering the water while maintaining my slam target FC of 24. And I’ll make sure to pass another OCLT before calling this slam a success. Water clarity has improved drastically and I can now see the bottom of the pool although it does have a ways to go before being crystal clear.610BD865-B13B-4401-8E6A-B139EDD54A0E.jpeg

Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude
So I passed another OCLT this morning, last nights FC was 23 and this morning is 22.5 but CC is fluctuating between 0 & 1. The water has cleared up quite a bit since adding DE through the day yesterday but because of the CC fluctuations in planning to maintain SLAM for a few more days until I can get consistently below 0.5. Is it normal for CC to fluctuate like this ? Yesterday I had got consistent 0 to 0.5 and this morning was 1. I’m also posting an updated picture to show the water clarity progress as well.

Attachments

• 335BE943-C7FB-41A1-8A98-44E4B59F460C.jpeg
    335BE943-C7FB-41A1-8A98-44E4B59F460C.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 12397809-158D-4EF3-A462-CA6F8B17ADD8.jpeg
    12397809-158D-4EF3-A462-CA6F8B17ADD8.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Snoobug
So I passed another OCLT this morning, last nights FC was 23 and this morning is 22.5 but CC is fluctuating between 0 & 1. The water has cleared up quite a bit since adding DE through the day yesterday but because of the CC fluctuations in planning to maintain SLAM for a few more days until I can get consistently below 0.5. Is it normal for CC to fluctuate like this ? Yesterday I had got consistent 0 to 0.5 and this morning was 1. I’m also posting an updated picture to show the water clarity progress as well.
You’re not done yet. Keep going! Open up that POP!

You need to maintain SLAM until your water is crystal clear as well. If it doesn't look clean enough to drink, it's not clean enough to exit SLAM. (Don't drink the pool water

Im definitely not planning to drink it and yes I’ll be keeping the slam going throughout the weekend while adding DE to the sand filter to assist in filtering the water.

Honestly don’t even stress OCLT or CC results until the pool is clear. You can do them if you want but don’t worry about them until the water is so clear you can’t tell it’s there on windless days.

Reactions: Nickllm
Honestly don’t even stress OCLT or CC results until the pool is clear. You can do them if you want but don’t worry about them until the water is so clear you can’t tell it’s there on windless days.
I’m going to keep doing the OCLT just for peace of mind that there aren’t any organics consuming FC while I maintain slam until water clarity is up to par and CC is below 0.5. Personally I just enjoy testing my water knowing that I have the hand up on the green swamp that used to exist in my pool.

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
I’m going to keep doing the OCLT just for peace of mind that there aren’t any organics consuming FC while I maintain slam until water clarity is up to par and CC is below 0.5. Personally I just enjoy testing my water knowing that I have the hand up on the green swamp that used to exist in my pool.
I say go for it. The more testing you do, the more you get to know your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.