CT Laws and Codes

Pool101!

Jun 26, 2020
Colchester, CT
Anyone have easy understanding documents of CT pool construction. I intend to dig a hole, pour a slab, stack and fill some block, and install a vinyl liner. Then I'm tossing in 6x6s some truss, cheap patio doors and windows from KayCan. Spray closed cell foam, hang dura rock, and then find a deal on some stone or tile. I know a guy that digs, we all know concrete is easy 'Wink" the blocks will improve my physique for the pool party, and I do the rest, I'm practically wearing my speedo.
If a pool is indoors debris isnt as big as an issue?
Are the main drains code, can the jets be designed to be self cleaning?
16x32ish 8ish deep
Lots of rocks in the area and high water table, may just end up ruining the grass for a season or so
Couldn't install septic unless it was engineered 30ft from proposed site but down slope 4 ft.
Expertise, sarcasm and humor always welcomed.

Welcome to TFP.

I doubt you are going to find anyone here with detailed knowledge of CT Laws and Codes. We tell folks to go check with the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) over building in their area for what their requirements are.

A slab is not the bottom to use under a vinyl liner. Vermiculite is typically used.

Watch out for the blocks wearing a hole in the liner.

Good luck and keep us informed of what you do.

@jimmythegreek thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.