Hi,
I need some help too, understanding my CSI readings. Pool Math says my CSI is -0.15 (target is -0.21). I have a plaster pool..My readings are:
PH: 7.8
FC: 4
CC: 0
TC: 4
CH: 300
CYA: 40
TA: 90
Is my CSI ok? I will soon be closing the pool for the winter & want to be sure I have everything correct.
My water has been beautiful since finding TFP. Friends comment on how clear the water is!! Thank you all so much.

Also, am I understanding this correctly? That if I have the Shock FC level (16), I don't have to put the "winterizing" kit in before closing? Should I add a gallon of algaecide? I have a solid winter cover.
Thanks.

Last edited:
The 'Target' on CSI is if you made the adds as instructed under each separate item. The only 'Target' for CSI is above -0.6 and below 0.6

- - - Updated - - -

Your CSI is fine. When your pH goes above 7.8, add some muriatic acid to lower it to 7.5 or so .

The 'Target' on CSI is if you made the adds as instructed under each separate item. The only 'Target' for CSI is above -0.6 and below 0.6

- - - Updated - - -

Your CSI is fine. When your pH goes above 7.8, add some muriatic acid to lower it to 7.5 or so .

Oh...ok!. I always add whatever pool math tells me to. If I have my shock level at 16 (pool math), should I add a gallon of algaecide when closing the pool?
Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.