CSI winter ?

All very true statements Duraleigh, but the point remains that I was faced with a choice. It was $300-$400 for city water or Bayou Water for free and more chlorine to SLAM it. Bayou Water it is! As I think about your statement, the concern that I should have considered before I started all this is what other chemicals from agriculture runoff is in that water. The city pulls water from the bayous & river for drinking water supply, but I don't know what additional applications they apply to treating it.

Going forward I'll do some periodic checks of my fill water to see how it will affect my water balance. Thanks I was worried about me adding too much CH in the winter.

As I think about your statement, the concern that I should have considered before I started all this is what other chemicals from agriculture runoff is in that water.

This is exactly why I use under sink RO systems for drinking water. Not sure what's lingering in the aquifers we draw from here in Florida and not even sure what is acceptable. But using an under-counter RO is very cheap (~$200), simple to maintain, and highly effective. Peace of mind alone makes this worth it. Unfortunately it's not practical for pool water volumes though.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.