CSI result in Pool Math online vs Pool Math Android APP discrepancy??

Aug 15, 2018
London
I'm I the only one getting different results using different apps? I've tried 4 different apps with the same inputs.
My pool tests as follows:

FC: 4.4
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 100
CH: 300
CYA: 35
TEMP: 68 F

Pool Math online gives me a CSI of -0.06 (which I believe makes sense given the above numbers). Pool Math Android app gives me a CSI of 0.54. poolcalculator.com online gives me a CSI of -0.06 (consistent with Pool Math online) and of course poolcalculator.com's Android app gives me a CSI of 0.68. What's the deal? Am I missing something simple here? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this discrepancy.

Thanks for the help.
Sean

P.S. I'd prefer to keep using Pool Math to help support the community.

First and foremost........welcome to TFP!! TFP has zero control over the PoolCalculator.com website, and honestly we don't trust their readings. If I may suggest one thing, ditch that link. :D

I see you're oversea's, did you change the "units" on either the App or the webpage calculators to liters???? Make sure they're both the same.

I'm I the only one getting different results using different apps? I've tried 4 different apps with the same inputs.
My pool tests as follows:

FC: 4.4
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 100
CH: 300
CYA: 35
TEMP: 68 F

Pool Math online gives me a CSI of -0.06 (which I believe makes sense given the above numbers). Pool Math Android app gives me a CSI of 0.54. poolcalculator.com online gives me a CSI of -0.06 (consistent with Pool Math online) and of course poolcalculator.com's Android app gives me a CSI of 0.68. What's the deal? Am I missing something simple here? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this discrepancy.

Thanks for the help.
Sean

P.S. I'd prefer to keep using Pool Math to help support the community.
I downloaded the app to double check your numbers. I got -0.06 on the web version and on the app, using gallons on both. Then I switched the app to liters, and though it doesn't call it out, when you do that the temp switches to °C automatically. So entering 68° when the units are liters gets you a CSI of 0.54, because it's °C. Entering 20 °C, the equivalent of 68 °F, brought the CSI back to -0.06 to match the other results.

Leebo, since you're here, a suggestion is to list the units of temp on the app so this doesn't catch other people off guard?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.