FC 10
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 400
CYA 80
SALT 4000
BOR 35
CURRENT TEMP 48

so the TFP way has been brilliant and im not having any issues apart from what i fixed from previous owner. Coming into our summer later this year i just need to clean up some scale and good to go.

what im confused about my csi has been sitting nicely for the last few months but when summer hits and the water temp comes up to 87F ish the csi is going to be above .33

I think you are slightly mistaken. Given your number you yours a CSI of -0.35 (not +0.33) and that's with 90 degree F water.... The main reason for the negative number is from the pH being on the lower side of the recommended levels but there is nothing wrong with that CSI anyway.

Let your pH sit around 7.8 and things should even out.

Try converting to Fahrenheit from here forward for the temperature calculation.

With a salt pool and borates it's actually pretty difficult to be on the high side of CSI without sky high pH.

My last pool was still easily in the -0.2 range with a calcium level over 1800 ppm :shock:

so now it looks like when i thought my csi was a bit low but ok when i was lowering calcium hardness from previous owner of over 1500 it was actually way low! over -1.0. that now leads me to think my calcium scale issue posted here which i was confused about might have been calcium being leeched from the plaster and not being built up??? calcium build up would this be possible??

Calcium leaching from the plaster due to low CSI, corrosive water, will dissolve into suspension in the water and increase the CH in the pool.

CSI of -1.0 is possible with CH at 1500 unless pH and TA are dangerously low.

It is always possible to have some white scale build up slightly above the waterline due to evaporation. Maintaining a consistent water line with a slightly negative CSI, -0.3 to 0, generally prevents it from building up and even dissolves it my pool. Sometimes, if it ever actually rains here in summer, my pool level goes up an inch or so to the overflow and can leave a ring as it evaporates back down to the normal water line.

Calcium leaching from the plaster due to low CSI, corrosive water, will dissolve into suspension in the water and increase the CH in the pool.

CSI of -1.0 is possible with CH at 1500 unless pH and TA are dangerously low.

It is always possible to have some white scale build up slightly above the waterline due to evaporation. Maintaining a consistent water line with a slightly negative CSI, -0.3 to 0, generally prevents it from building up and even dissolves it my pool. Sometimes, if it ever actually rains here in summer, my pool level goes up an inch or so to the overflow and can leave a ring as it evaporates back down to the normal water line.

thanks

to be clear the issue was after reduced from 1500 so was below -1.0 according to my logs when input to poolmath

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.