PH 7.6
TA 75
CH 575
CY 60
SALT 5000
BOR 52
CSI 0.34
TEMP 50 farenheit

so today I noticed a white calcium scale buildup around my pool water line (coming in to winter over here) an im seeing some white spots on floor....

long story short had place 6 months. last owner let calcium build up to 1300ish.

i interesting had no problems with scale over summer whilst learning my pool. although had to weekly clean SWG cell.

few weeks ago part drained and re-balanced with borates. Calcium down to 575. Not perfect but a whole heap better and not one ounce of calcium build up on cell yet!

pool has been so easy to care for now with borate at 52.

i know calcium is technically still high but why now and not in summer when at 1300?

i also know my CSI is in the just above perfecr range but it was way worse in summer when it didnt scale??

how can i get rid of the build up?

IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0155.jpg

I am managing a CH level of 700 by keeping my TA in the 80 range and pH at 7.2-7.3. Over the last several weeks, the calcium build-up I once had has decreased significantly. I target a CSI of -0.3 to -0.4. Try adjusting your pH on Pool Math to achieve a negative CSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.