FC 8
CC 0
CH 600
TA 110
CYA 45
Temp 77 (water)
Salt 2850
CSI 0.44

Added 32 oz 31.45 acid. Did not make other adjustments till I consulted with the pros on the forum. Obviously my CSI is too high. CH went higher in a mostly dry Spring. Should I bring Ph down to 7.0 or so thus lowering TA? Will that also bring CSI down or am I resigned to draining some pool water? Thanks for your input.

Hey neighbor!

Have you been adding calcium? I'm wondering why your CH is that high. My fill water CH is 75. What's yours?

Consider increasing your CYA to ~80 as well.

I usually play what-if scenarios with pool math… it helps a lot to plan what I’m going to do next.
The interesting thing is when I input your number as if it was my pool the CSI was close to 0.0… well until I realized I did not zero my borates.

Hey neighbor!

Have you been adding calcium? I'm wondering why your CH is that high. My fill water CH is 75. What's yours?

Consider increasing your CYA to ~80 as well.
No, no CH added. I’m guessing very little rain water this spring is the culprit. I’m adding acid as Texas Splash suggested to get TA down and go from there. Didn’t want to waste any conditioner yet till I see if I have to drain any water. That being said, I would have thought that 2 1/2 inches of rain we got little over a week ago would have helped.
My fill water is 75 as well.

I’m guessing very little rain water this spring is the culprit.
Could be. I try to harvest all the rainwater possible and use my fill line as a last resort. My CH has been steady at 300-325 for over a year with that strategy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.