Critique My Bid Please! :)

I just thought of something I feel is big. U said cedar. CedaR is fine and a all but since u are spending some serious money why not mention sapele. It’s a hard mahogany. Pretty much in the outdoor wood variety u have cedar. Then sapele. And for even harder but for floors only epe. My buddy’s barn is mostly sepele. It has weathered beautiful in full exposure obviously. I did all my ceilings outside in it. All u do is seal it. No stain. Then u can reseal if u want or let it weather. I personally would use the sepele. My parents house was half cedar. They pulled it a few years ago after 30 years.

Sapele is beautiful. Same with epe.

I have a lot of pics in my build. Here is some leftover I have sitting around.

Even cabinets. The doors are ribbon cut. I can see difference from my ceiling that is standard. I wasn’t spending 1.00 more a foot for ribbon for the ceiling and that is my discount even from the mill we bought from. My buddy ran it at his shop for me and I finished it. EBE0293F-AA54-4A4F-89D3-6089F3B52CEA.jpeg520B52E2-06BC-4DC6-BAFB-FBD972881910.jpeg075CB67E-BE61-49A3-B2A7-3A67C75A8D77.jpeg8EABB499-8D0A-4C25-91FC-4384B45FABE7.jpeg7BA560B8-7B6F-4C1C-B5FF-07141F6709BD.jpeg1E9B9ADC-3040-441B-AF82-22C37FC72AD9.jpeg

Jimim.. yeah, I agree.. hardwire the speakers in a new project.. I've never been a big fan of the wifi everything trend.... I spend too much time troubleshooting it.. and a cable is a cable! What I did was add a BT transceiver into my existing wired speakers.. very simple single point of connection.

I return us to the plant pruning channel.

+1 more. Even is you use wireless you will most likely want to run power for those speakers. Wireless battery powered speakers are even worse and more expensive. Speaker wire is going to be some of the easiest wire to pull while doing construction.

Hey my white color layout worked out well in the front! I can’t wait to do the backyard next year!

Anyway. Speakers? Yes. 3 zones. 1 for pool. 1 for pool house. 1 for existing patio.

All wired. Wireless or Bluetooth with new construction. No way. U will be all ripped up. It’s easy small money to do it now. In the whole picture of the estimate it will add 3-4 grand to it. I would talk to them but I would do 3 separate units that tie together in 1 app for all streaming options. Like sonos that so many like here.

30 grand for that 600 square feet pool house seems so high but again I don’t live where u do and I did mine myself with friends. Edit.

I just noticed the kitchen was another 12 grand. I don’t know much but 40 plus for 600 square. I would almost take that picture they gave u and shop it around. It just seems like so much. I’m sitting here with my buddy who is a builder and he is shaking his head.

But wire everyrhing now. No new construction should have any wireless equipment. Leave that for retro fitting projects.

Jimi

Ps sorry I was late to the party. I have been pruning plants. ;)
Thanks very much. Shockingly maybe the pool house has been bid by 3 others and this is the lowest bid. I might see if I can continue to get it down, but so far this is the best we have seen. I am definitely getting quotes on the wiring and speakers as well for the sound system. Appreciate the thoughtfulness from you all on this! P.S. I would love to see what this white color schemed landscape looks like if you would share!

I just thought of something I feel is big. U said cedar. CedaR is fine and a all but since u are spending some serious money why not mention sapele. It’s a hard mahogany. Pretty much in the outdoor wood variety u have cedar. Then sapele. And for even harder but for floors only epe. My buddy’s barn is mostly sepele. It has weathered beautiful in full exposure obviously. I did all my ceilings outside in it. All u do is seal it. No stain. Then u can reseal if u want or let it weather. I personally would use the sepele. My parents house was half cedar. They pulled it a few years ago after 30 years.

Sapele is beautiful. Same with epe.

I have a lot of pics in my build. Here is some leftover I have sitting around.

Even cabinets. The doors are ribbon cut. I can see difference from my ceiling that is standard. I wasn’t spending 1.00 more a foot for ribbon for the ceiling and that is my discount even from the mill we bought from. My buddy ran it at his shop for me and I finished it. View attachment 122938View attachment 122939View attachment 122940View attachment 122941View attachment 122942View attachment 122943
I am using Ipe wood for our decking. The interior ceiling of the pool house is tongue and groove cedar but I can ask about this wood you are showing here. It looks beautiful! Thank you for the recommendation.

I am using Ipe wood for our decking. The interior ceiling of the pool house is tongue and groove cedar but I can ask about this wood you are showing here. It looks beautiful! Thank you for the recommendation.

Perfect for the deck. Ipe is the best. You can’t use it for wall and ceiling cause it’s too hard to work with thats where sapele comes in. Slightly softer but same quality wood. They will match perfect. If u are doing ipe I would not do cedar. I feel for ur pocket cause I can buy ipe at mill price with haggling and it’s still a rough pill to swallow. Sapele is a bit cheaper but not by much.

Thanks very much. Shockingly maybe the pool house has been bid by 3 others and this is the lowest bid. I might see if I can continue to get it down, but so far this is the best we have seen. I am definitely getting quotes on the wiring and speakers as well for the sound system. Appreciate the thoughtfulness from you all on this! P.S. I would love to see what this white color schemed landscape looks like if you would share!

I got no good pics this year. Everyrhing was too young. Next year. Plus it’s only my front yard so far. I’m doing the backyard next year. I didn’t have it in me to finish this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.