Cracks and leaks in waterfall spillway

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
What material should I use to fix the cracks in the waterfall spillway? The water escapes through the cracks when I turn on the falls and spills into the adjoining garden. I see three kinds of material that were used and the whole spillway needs repair.

Should I use a pre-mixed grout mix from a local hardware store. I see something like Polyblend and also some premixed products.
Are both unsanded grout and sanded grout waterproof?
Should I apply sanded grout for large cracks and apply unsanded grout on top of it?
It looks like some epoxy material was used in the past to cover and seal the cracks. Are they better than sanded grout?

cwxSCLd.jpg

WX1TRHl.jpg

3AD6FVP.jpg

Give us the history of the pool. It looks like things have been patched a few times.

You can try patching it again or fix it right by digging the old stuff out and redoing it. As Jim asked we need some pictures of the scope of the problem to understand what you are dealing with.

Here is the top-view. There are cracks all long the edges where the rocks and the spillway meet and also on the floor of the spillway. A couple of holes are large enough that I noticed an adult gopher snake getting in and out from under the spillway.

aY2N7RV.jpg

N,

Thanks for the pics...

Let's see if Brian has any ideas... calling @bdavis466...

If this were mine, I think I'd be trying to replaster the whole thing, just like a pool... But that is the first thing that comes to mind and I'd want to see what others have to say first...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.