Crackling Sound from Multivalve.

Jul 14, 2017
Austin
We just bought this house and have had it a week. I have been doing a SLAM to get the water healthy. The previous owner was a pool store guy and the pool had 2ppm of CC when I moved in. I noticed today that there is a crackling noise coming from the valve area. Sometimes it goes away and then comes back again. Like there is a rock or something floating around in there. I've seen where it could be air bubbles but I don't think I have a leak because I don't get air coming out of my return valves. I took a video, so please feel free to chime in if you have any ideas. Also, there are some bubbles in my pump but I though a few bubbles was normal. I could be wrong about that.

Thanks.

YouTube

Your link didn't work, but my first thought would be air in the valve.

Even though you don't see bubbles out the returns, it could still be air.

If you're running the pump on low, a little air in the basket is normal, but if it's running on high speeds it should be almost completely clear of any air bubble.

Okay, thanks. Hopefully not below ground:mad:. I did notice that when I shut down my main drain and only had the skimmer on the bubbles got way worse. I've see it with no bubbles too. I guess I'll check the gasket on the lid first to see if it's bad.

Are you using skimmer socks? I was when I SLAM'd and had similar situation. I was afraid I had a suction side leak (that I couldn't find) but taking the socks out solved it for me. There was too much stuff getting filtered out by the skimmer socks reducing flow and making the pump struggle which somehow meant air was getting in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.