Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Has anybody had this issue or how do I fix it? My tiles (7) have major cracking by the sun deck/fountain area and I’m now past the year warranty.. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 52B99593-3906-4778-A3A9-6AE04AB61392.jpeg
    52B99593-3906-4778-A3A9-6AE04AB61392.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 255F6F52-0284-4092-8C4F-51835F58C9BA.jpeg
    255F6F52-0284-4092-8C4F-51835F58C9BA.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 48
I have a single cracked coping tile that happened shortly after completion but, none that I have noticed as a result of the freeze. (Quartzite coping.) I am trying to decide whether to fix it or consider it patina. I think if it were several cracked tiles, as with your situation, I would probably get a bid to repair them AND talk with the PB about fixing it outside of warranty, then decide what to do.

Reactions: j190phil
Just had a corner crack off , so I’ll more than likely do some minor repair myself- (epoxy- grout/caulk) to last over the winter and then replace the whole side in the summer when it’s warm

Reactions: mktee
Ignore it or replace the tiles.
Good Morning- AJW- I replaced last tear and they cracked again this winter as it’s 15 degrees out… is this going to happen every year? How do avoid these cracks- different stone material? I’m lost

Attachments

• IMG_4002.jpeg
    IMG_4002.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 15
That appears to be travertine tile which is porous and allows water to penetrate any voids, then freezes and cracks.

Sorry to say this but I can think of no fix other than replacement,
Is there
That appears to be travertine tile which is porous and allows water to penetrate any voids, then freezes and cracks.

Sorry to say this but I can think of no fix other than replacement,
Thank you- it appears the deck side is “lifting” a touch and that is what is causing the cracks since it’s the entire length of the pieces- all in the same general area- if I replace them again is there a different type of stone or different practice to prevent this in the future or am I SOL?

If there is movement in the decking, the cracking will continue. Basically, the tile is rigid and has no "flex" to move with the decking so it cracks.
Is there a way to remedy this- for example change the material on that side- different stone etc… what’s the correction that I can do that you know or who I may discuss with? Possible flex travertine for that 10’ space?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.