Crack in pebble sheen

Chaser918

Jan 10, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Hey all!

Noticed a crack in our Pebble Sheen the other day, air bubbles will occasionally be seen coming from the area. This is in the attached spa of our 6 month old pool. Going to notify the PB today. How much concern should be paid to this?

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    575.5 KB · Views: 33
Hard to say. It looks like a shrinkage crack and not a structural crack. Probably not a big deal.

Could you perhaps explain what area of the pool that is and what we are looking at in the photo? Is that the drain in the spa?

I agree with @ajw22 - those look like superficial shrinkage cracks that occur when the plaster initially cures. They are not structurally significant.

And what do you mean by “air bubbles” occasionally coming from that area? Are they coming from the crack itself? From the plastic grating?

Also, please fill out your signature line with your equipment and pool specs. It makes it harder to help when there’s no information about the pool.

Could you perhaps explain what area of the pool that is and what we are looking at in the photo? Is that the drain in the spa?

I agree with @ajw22 - those look like superficial shrinkage cracks that occur when the plaster initially cures. They are not structurally significant.

And what do you mean by “air bubbles” occasionally coming from that area? Are they coming from the crack itself? From the plastic grating?

Also, please fill out your signature line with your equipment and pool specs. It makes it harder to help when there’s no information about the pool.
Sorry for the lack of details, I’ll update it.

That’s the spa drain in the picture, about an inch to the left is the crack, and yes the air bubbles are coming from the crack itself, not the drain area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.