Crack in Deck along Pool

SkyG

May 18, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Moved from here.

I have a similar concern, however my pool does not appear to have expansion joint between coping and deck. How should i approach this crack? Just seal it? Or Do i epoxy it and seal? My original cement patch job obviously did nothing over the last year, this crack came back . Though i failed to seal it last time....

Appears to be 1.5 to 2.5 inches deep.

Attachments

• 578800667[1].jpg
    578800667[1].jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 578800618[1].jpg
    578800618[1].jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to me like that crack is right over where the joint would be between the bond beam and the deck and where an expansion joint should have been placed. That will continue cracking as the pool and the deck are separate structures and move independently.

The real fix is to concrete saw a channel and make an expansion joint.

It looks like you have a cantilever pool deck with no coping. The deck should be able to move independently of the pool and not crack. For some reason there is an issue in that area. Use some self-leveling polyurethane caulk, sikaflex is a popular brand, to patch the crack. That will let things move a little bit and hopefully not crack again.

Reactions: chemillion
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.