Santa Clarita
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hola all! Thanks to your help starting up our new pool so far has been a breeze. Chemicals are where they should be for the first month of new aggregate and just anxiously awaiting the day we can dump the salt in and fire up the heater to use the spa.

Last week our sheer waterfalls suddenly stopped working. The PB sent over his electrician and he stated that the Coverstar Eclipse cover interlock was tripped. Okay, fair enough. I asked him how to reset it “oh you have to take the electric cover panel off and there’s a reset on the bottom of a relay.” I asked him to show me and he said he’d already put the panel back together

Fast forward 30 minutes and my DH comes outside and starts to close the cover while the sheers were on. As designed, they cut off. I took the panel off and for the life of me can’t figure out how to reset it so they will work again. There is a test button on the relay and if you hold it down, the contactor closes and the pump runs fine.

Something somewhere is telling the relay not to give any power to the pump, but going through all the config settings in the Hayward system I can’t figure out how the interlock was set up. The “pool cover interlock” is greyed out.

The relays are all Omron g7l-2a-bubj-cb. Pump is a Tristar XE. In the photo, the relay in question is the top left. The green wire and red wire leading into the adjacent wire nut are the leads from the cover.

D325EB06-EB1B-4862-9984-33CD753CB1F7.jpeg

Hi, have you figured out where the interlock reset is?

It would be helpful to know for anyone else encountering the same problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.