Coverstar Pool Cover Motor won’t turn, hums

coolinthepool

May 8, 2019
Fishers, IN
Model number: EC-0001

It’s older model automatic pool cover, from what I can tell. Been here since I moved in. I recently replaced the cover itself. I’m the fall, I came out and heard it buzzing. I had already closed the pull, so I just flipped the breaker. This spring, I flipped the breaker on and same thing. Hums. When I try the switch in either direction, it appears to try to turn, very weakly, but stops immediately. I flipped the breaker back off.

I’m going to remove the motor housing (which is cracked as well) if I can figure it out to take a look. Any ideas welcome.

Last edited:
Update: I got the motor out, boy was that way too hard. Two 7/16 nuts underneath that only a flexible ratchet wrench could get to, and then only with single click ratchet turns at a time. About a half hour on two nuts. Anyway, I got it out, and I think finding this replacement won’t happen. Hoping I can find an equivalent.

image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.