Coverstar cover issue

Osterhouse

Sep 12, 2019
Florida
Hello,
We have a coverstar cover that is approximately four years old and have just recently had problems closing it. When you push the switch to cover the pool you can hear the motor run but nothing happens. It appears that the metal component that fits into the track may be bent down a bit? Any advice? Thank you!

I don't see anything in the picture that looks too out of place or jumps out at me.

If you can manually slide the cover along the track then those guides are still working fine - they do look a little out of alignment, but I don't think that would be enough to cause your problem.

My next check would be to see of the motor is spinning and not catching correctly on the drive spindle - which would point to a shear pin problem or a clutch adjustment issue.

If it is a broken pin that is pretty easy to fix - take a look at the motor and see if you can post a picture of that and the pulley take up area. Also, posting your cover and motor model number can help zero in on the type of pins or clutch that you have to get you some help figuring out how to trouble shoot it and hopefully get you going again.

We have limited service in our area as well, so I have learned a ton about our cover...

Coverstar doesn't have a shear pin. They use a slip clutch. More than likely it is a broken rope. Take the lid off the cover on the mechanism end and see if there is two ropes going into the mechanism or not.

If it is a broken pin that is pretty easy to fix - take a look at the motor and see if you can post a picture of that and the pulley take up area. Also, posting your cover and motor model number can help zero in on the type of pins or clutch that you have to get you some help figuring out how to trouble shoot it and hopefully get you going again.

We have limited service in our area as well, so I have learned a ton about our cover...
Ok, I will. Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.