Covering the Econ T power adapter

nr4ps

Jul 23, 2020
United States
Hello everyone, I’m using a Stenner Econ T pump to feed liquid chlorine and I’m having trouble coming up with a good way to cover its gigantic DC power adapter, which prevents my existing cover from closing all the way. I could take a hack saw and try to cut out the part of the cover that interferes, but I’m unsure if leaving the round black part that protrudes from the bottom of the adapter exposed is asking for trouble (although if I understand the label correctly that part is rain tight). I thought about maybe running an extension cord into a separate weatherproof box with the adapter in it, but am not sure if sealing it in a box might cause it to get hot - not that the existing weather cover allows much ventilation. How are the rest of you with using this pump outdoors keeping the power adapter protected from weather? Is there a better cover out there somewhere or am I just overthinking it? Thanks.

00E8593C-7349-4C02-9E2E-4F2EDBA72276.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.