Could this be right or did I do it wrong?- solved

4knights

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2012
NE Kansas
I finished my self install a week or so ago (working on concrete deck right now) and the pool is level as well as the water :party: the automation system works great but I'm concerned about my gauge readings at the filter.

When on low speed it stays on 0, never moves even after a 24hours of run time. When the pumps on high the filter gauge shows 10. When vacuuming the dirt,etc from the build it went as high as 30 then after back washing filter it went back down to 10(only on high speed, 0 on low speed)

The water is clear and the filter seems to be doing its job but wondering if it should be reading higher than 0 on low speed?

All plumbing lines are 2 inch as follows:
1 line to both main drains, 1 line to skimmer both to the jandy valve into pump
Return line goes from SCG to jandy valve then the lines are run to each return. 4 return lines with 2 on each side of the jandy valve ( each has an inline valve for servicing)

Re: Could this be right or did I do it wrong?

4knights said:
I finished my self install a week or so ago (working on concrete deck right now) and the pool is level as well as the water :party: the automation system works great but I'm concerned about my gauge readings at the filter.

When on low speed it stays on 0, never moves even after a 24hours of run time. When the pumps on high the filter gauge shows 10. When vacuuming the dirt,etc from the build it went as high as 30 then after back washing filter it went back down to 10(only on high speed, 0 on low speed)

The water is clear and the filter seems to be doing its job but wondering if it should be reading higher than 0 on low speed?

The zero on low seem a liitle low, but I'm not sure what the accuracy is that low. The 30 psi seems high typically we backwash by the time wwe reach 12-13 psi if starting at 10 psi. I don't think anything is wrong but I am not certain.

My gauge also reads 0 on low and 10 on high. Previous gauge read 2 and 12. Pressure same. I think it's just the difference in gauges. But I backwash when it gets to 13 on high.

I wouldn't be concerned about this as long as you can feel flow at the returns. Pressure guages are notoriously inaccurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.