Cotton like stuff in my pool

Sounds like pollen.

What trees do you have in the area?

Fc 10
Cc 1
Ph 7.4
Ta 90
Cya 40

I opened the pool a few weeks ago it was black!! For the last week there has not been much progress the deep you still can't see the bottom
I opened the filter washed the grids but i am stuck!
20220602_200019.jpg

What kind of powdered “shock”?
Cal hypo?
Trichlor?
Any words on it like xtra blu? Or 3 in 1?
Have u used clarifier or algaecides? Some of those contain blue dyes.
The cotton wood is all over here right now so the fluff & the blue are likely 2 separate issues. Like the blue stuff dyed the cottonwood blue.

Reactions: Donldson
Cal hypo hth all in one
Says you will see the blue action clarifier!
So is that what it is? So since I put around 50 pounds of this over the last couple of weeks the pool is super blue?
Lol I bought a clarifier! Shoukd I not use it 8 assume?
Any way I can clear this up?

The SLAM Process with liquid chlorine is the answer.
Slam level for your cya of 40 is 16ppm.
Liquid chlorine only adds fc & a little salt.
Cal hypo adds not only fc but also calcium to your pool (& whatever else is in the kind u have 😳) you didn’t list your current ch or pool type so its hard to advise on that.
Clarifier & other potions will only gum up your filter.
Be sure to Clean/backwash your filter when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure.
Filling out your signature w/ all your pool details & test kit will help u get some more specific answers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The SLAM Process with liquid chlorine is the answer.
Slam level for your cya of 40 is 16ppm.
Liquid chlorine only adds fc & a little salt.
Cal hypo adds not only fc but also calcium to your pool (& whatever else is in the kind u have 😳) you didn’t list your current ch or pool type so its hard to advise on that.
Clarifier & other potions will only gum up your filter.
Be sure to Clean/backwash your filter when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure.
Filling out your signature w/ all your pool details & test kit will help u get some more specific answers.
Vinyl pool so not really worried about ch (its about 250)
So if there is to much clarifier I need to slam? I was slaming but with the powdered cal hypo shock as I wasn't concerned about ch and I put about 25 gallons of liquid chlorine and got lazy.

Too little ch is not an issue for vinyl pools but too much can be an issue.
Be sure to maintain Recommended Levels
If u we’re doing the SLAM Process because u have algae then you would continue & maintain slam level for your cya FC/CYA Levels until u meet ALL 3 end of slam criteria. Blue fluff or not. Clarifiers are not part of the slam process & generally not recommended as they can cause more problems than they fix.
Cleaning your filters when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure should eventually get rid of the blue if it is dye from clarifiers. Just don’t add any more. If they have gummed up your filter media badly & a deep clean doesn’t do the trick you may need to replace it.
Stick with plain stuff. No bells & whistles.
Multitasking products often never do well at more than one thing as they claim & only confuse things by upsetting multiple parameters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.