Costs for Rope Repair on Auto Cover

Nov 9, 2015
Lawrence, KS
We just had our first rope break and had the builder come out and fix it. We have a 20x40ft pool with Auto Cover. This is the first time a rope has broke since pool was built in 2016. They went ahead and replaced both ropes. I got the invoice and it says $640 for two ropes ($320 each) and $100 for slider assembly. The total, with labor was $1,100. This seems crazy high so wanted to get some thoughts from others. Thank you in advance.

Repair costs all seem high now. But you have to remember all the overhead costs these companies have. It sounds like the Labor portion was about $300. So that would be about 2 hours for one person. Is that how long it took them?

That sounds very reasonable. Especially adding in travel cost of company vehicle, etc.

We just had our first rope break and had the builder come out and fix it. We have a 20x40ft pool with Auto Cover. This is the first time a rope has broke since pool was built in 2016. They went ahead and replaced both ropes. I got the invoice and it says $640 for two ropes ($320 each) and $100 for slider assembly. The total, with labor was $1,100. This seems crazy high so wanted to get some thoughts from others. Thank you in advance.
thanks for your post! we're down in Wichita, we just had a rope snap and was quoted $600 to fix one, $1200 to fix both. Since the cover is 7 years old and the other rope is supposedly 2 years old, we're just doing the one. I got a similar quote from another company. (they said $195 hour in labor 2-3 hours, 300 per rope, then tax).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.