Costco Sun Shelters

These are nice…we bought and installed one a couple years ago and it’s holding up well. Search YouTube for installation videos and tips. The leg pads have 3 holes for anchoring. Instead of that, I filled the posts with gravel as recommended on a YouTube video, and it has not moved even in extremely gusty winds (Southern California). These come with good quality mosquito netting curtains all around, and I highly recommend buying the optional curtains ($200 when I got mine). Being able to close the curtains to block the sun is very helpful. The curtains & netting gather at the posts and come with tie-backs for a neat/clean look.
Installation is tedious, but not difficult…follow instructions completely! Parts are well marked. Took 3 days for wife and I as we weren’t rushing…needed 4 people to lift/install the roof frame on the posts, which took less than an hour, then install the roof panels with 1 or two people.
C7B8CF80-01EC-4CEB-B10F-9541E7D8588C.jpeg63966EA6-53AD-4662-9A08-F93042A26461.jpeg
If anyone has ideas for insulating the roof…please advise. This is great up to about 90-95 degrees, but radiates the heat to be uncomfortable above that.

Last edited:
My Shelterlogic Sojag Mykonos II is being delivered today, ordered the proper fit curtain kit. Getting very excited to actually have some shade in the yard this year.

Looks nice - do you know how it is anchored to the pad?
I don’t have a metal roof gazebo, but I did buy a cloth roofed one. The posts have four screw holes on the bottom. I used Tapcons to secure mine to my concrete slab. Hasn’t budged at all.

Reactions: magiteck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.