Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Hi all, I've read numerous threads on salt brands and have figured out it really doesn't matter as long as it's pure.

I saw this Culligan salt at Costco. It's pretty inexpensive. It does have something called Sofner-Guard. I didn't see any info on Culligan website and there is non on the bag.

What do you think? Safe to use? This is my first time with SWG, so I'll be adding about 8 bags.

Thanks! 20230515_112835.jpg20230515_112832.jpg

"Advanced Cleaning Formula" - probably some type of resin cleaner. I wouldn't use it in my pool.
Look for solar salt at Lowes, HD, etc. The Diamond Crystals brand of solar salt is what I use in my pool - blue bag, not yellow. 40# for under $8 in AZ.

Good price though - I'll have to see if they carry it at their AZ stores and use it in my water softener.

The "Sofner-Gard II"[sic] "Advanced Cleaning Formula" would make me nervous -- that could be some additive you won't want in your pool. For a one-time $15-$16 total difference I probably wouldn't risk it.

Note that a few people have had issues with Morton's salt lately (dirt and rocks that stained their pools at least temporarily), so I might also avoid for now. I have used the Diamond Crystals brand myself recently and it's appeared to be pretty pure.

Reactions: jetranger
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.