Cost of new pool in South Carolina

Last year and this year is not normal, it is all out of whack.. Pools and every other thing dealing with building anything is sky high right now... if you can even get someone to give you a quote you are lucky but it will be THOUSANDS over what it would have been 2 years ago..

I may wait till next year to build mine cause of this exact reason..

We tried to have a pool built at our old house back in 2019. Almost all of the companies didn’t even want to talk to us for less then $100,000. We did find a fiberglass pool that was 11ft x 23ft and less then 10,000 gallons and we were ready to spend $43,000 on that. The pool company was wrong about our county setback requirements though and as a result it wouldn’t fit in our yard. So we wound up just buying a house with a vinyl pool that was installed back in the 1970’s. The pool was in bad shape and needed a new liner, new stairs a new pump and we converted it to salt. That alone cost us over $13,000. Buying the house with the fixer upper pool was way less of a hassle then what we went though dealing with the pool company, the HOA and our county officials. It turns out a pool is very expensive to install and does not add much value to the cost of a home around here. That’s why it made more sense to me to just buy the house with the pool. I can’t say that’s plausible with today’s housing market though. One of my wife’s siblings just had a fiberglass pool built that’s about the same size as ours and all I know is that it was somewhere north of $100,000k. Back in 2019 that was about the minimum around here for a concrete pool. It may be way different in the midlands though as we are basically in the Charlotte market.

I'm in the Charleston area and just received a quote that was $90k for a 14 x 38 gunite pool with a 6 x 6 attached spa. I'll post a thread soon with more details and update it with 2 more quotes I'm getting in early July.

We got a quote in March of last year for a 16 x 32 free from gunite pool with attached spa that was $74k but ran into setback issues so had to stop and think about things.

I doubt prices will drop drastically in the next year so we will probably just sign a contract and get the long process started once all the quotes are back. I'm sure in 10 years I won't be thinking how I wish I'd saved 10-15k by waiting another 2 years to sign a contract.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.