Corroding Pentair Intelliflo VS?

Parafly9

Mar 24, 2021
Florida
I installed this Pentair Intelliflo last March (2020) to replace a 14 year old Intelliflo that had finally failed, so it's about 16 months old.

I noticed today it's already starting to corrode. Is there a reason for this and how do I prevent it from getting worse? It is connected with a grounding wire.

1625590176729.png

Here's a recent thread on an IntelliFlo rebuild. It may help...

Here's a recent thread on an IntelliFlo rebuild. It may help...
Thanks, I've taken mine apart before. (i tried to repair my old one before replacing it, it fell apart and all the bolt holes were stripped out).

I called a local pool store / servicer and they told me it's totally normal here after just 1 year to have it looking like that :/. My other pump lasted 14 years, I can't imagine this one will go that long if it looks like this after just 15 months.

I was also trying to find some kind of sun / shade / rain cover to help give it more protection.

That looks like aluminum. As my "name" on here implies I used to sail. This is a very common problem on sailboats, especially older ones as the spars, masthead, and mast step are usually aluminum.

You may want to visit a local West Marine store or equivalent and grab some Interlux marine primer. The solution on boats is to use a top coat of epoxy based paint.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.