Corroded pool wall inserts


Well-known member
May 23, 2009
I have 2 metal anchors embedded in my pool walls. They are there to clip a rope across the pool. Similar to these:

These anchors have corroded away and now the unplastered concrete behind the inserts are exposed.

I would like to pry the remaining bits of the anchors out of the wall. What is the best way to fill in the space where the anchors used to be?

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
The easiest and probably nicest-looking thing would probably be to...get new, corrosion-resistant anchors. But, if you don't want to do that, you can fill the holes with hydraulic cement and then plaster over them when the pool is refinished...maybe someone else has some better ideas?

Other Threads of Interest