Correct wiring for IC 40

Perpetual summer

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
The electrician did not install the IC40 correctly when pool was put in. The pool installer is sending an electrician out to correct it, (as in hook the SWG to the pump relay). End of last year I had a situation where I had to turn off SWG due to high fc. In the easy touch when I set intellichlor to “ no” in the enable section, It did not turn off, it still produced chlorine...... I had to set percentage to zero for it to stop producing. Is this wired correctly? My thinking is if I set enable to “no” the SWG should be off.......? How should this be set up?

The Intellichlor is connected to the Easytouch using the RS485 cable provided with the Intellichlor. The owners manual for the Intellichlor is very descriptive.

Once the Intellichlor is connected this way it will operate when the pool is in Pool mode on the Easytouch. You can then Enable/Disable the Intellichlor in the Easytouch settings for it.

Good luck.

ps,

I don't believe that the EasyTouch Intellichlor Enable/Disable will turn the cell on/off. It has more to do with the EasyTouch knowing that there should be a cell on the communications line.

Even when in the Disable mode, the power supply is still connected to the cell and that will make the cell work.. just like it would if you did not have an EasyTouch.

Good job on having them come back out to wire the cell's power supply so that the cell does not have power unless the Pump/Filter relay is closed...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

ps,

We did not design it.. we can only report what it does.. :p

It also depends on who wired your panel up.. All of mine have separate circuit breakers just for the SWCG power.. This allows me to turn just the IC40 on or off...

Most pool installers are just trying to go for as cheap as possible rather than thinking about the operation.

While your electrician is there, tell him you would like a separate breaker for the power to the SWCG's transformer...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.