Cordless/battery powered robot?

Hatepools

May 16, 2020
Leander, Texas
Just recently bought a Polaris P825 because I got $300 off.

I spoke with the sales person and told the my situation (that the power coords wouldn't reach). I asked if I could use an extension cord and he said no. I then said, there's no way for me to use it then.

He said it uses a caddy and I could put an extension cable in-between that and the wall, so I said OK and bought it.

Of course, looking at the manual and talking to Polaris, they say absolutely not. So, I'm taking it back and am now in the market again.

I have a threaded attachment for a pressure cleaner (no booster)...but everything I've read says they suck compare to robots. I was consider a Polaris 360, but now I'm not sure.

Is there a coordless/battery robot people would suggest?

Welcome to the forum!
There is one cordless model I think. Not sure how well it works.
You can use an extension cord. Just have to make sure there is no way the power box can get pulled in to the water.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thanks, Marty.

I had a friend suggest running an extension to a pole just beyond the deck, tie the extension down, plug in the caddy...that way if the robot pulls on it, the caddy plug will disengage from the extension cable. I suppose that's doable. I just wanted a cleaner setup so I didn't have to leave out or run extension cables every week. :/

I have read the ABC's, but thank you for linking that. My first post was a bit of a doozy, written when I was pretty upset. I've calmed down since then and am trying to reclaim the pool so I can enjoy it.

I had come across a reference to the Hayward AquaVac 250. Cordless, battery powered robot. I am too inept to post a live link or pics.... (I was born in 1939). Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the product:
AquaVac 250Li Robotic Cleaner | Hayward Pool Products

1593881672426.png

I would be concerned about using it in an in-ground, based these statements:

"A patented drive system provides complete coverage in above-ground and most flat-bottomed, in-ground pools."

"Ideal for above-ground pools up to 30' diameter and shallow in-ground pools with a flat bottom (less than 15 degree slope and less than 5' deep) up to 15' X 30' "

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.